Saturday, May 3, 2008

To the Days of Film!

I was cleaning out my office yesterday, and came across a cd of portraits from my graduate program.  They make me smile just looking at them.  These were taken back in the day of film, using a large old camera where I actually got underneath a black sheet to take the images.  I just think photography is the greatest thing!  I can still hear my cousin laughing from the top of her tree!  Film made you be patient, and pushed you to pay close attention to detail.  Now that I used digital almost all the time, I still allow for the true essence of film to come through.  It is hard to believe that some photographers will never know what it is like to be in a darkroom for hours!  It was my home away from home and a place where I felt so at ease.  My computer is now my darkroom,  and we are learning to love each other.  Here's to the days of film!






No comments: