Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving in New York

There is something to be said for New York City during the holidays.  Greg and I have spent my birthday in New York for the past 3 years, and I absolutely love it.  It is the only time we go back and visit now...ice skating in the park, the tree at Rockefeller center, the guys on the corner selling the nuts that are good themselves, but even better because they keep your hands warm.  So, when my family decided they wanted to spend Thanksgiving there I was thrilled!  It was the weekend before my birthday, so we just extended our trip a bit.  


The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is a sight to be seen!  We could see the tops of the balloons from our hotel, but the real view was on the street.  At one point, Greg and I sprinted across the actual parade, and I believe we were under Dumbo's trunk...I don't recommend that. The rest of our week was filled with family dinners, The Rockettes, walks in central park (images I will share later), and a Tom Cruise sighting just outside of the Little Mermaid.  

It was a great weekend and a wonderful time with my family.  I hope you all had great holidays as well.  So, I'll let the images speak... 


I don't know why, but I love the tree stands in the city...my sister would have to carry hers up 6 flights of stairs!


No comments: