Wednesday, August 20, 2008

For Fun: Chicago

This is one of my absolute favorite things that happens in the world of photography. I don't know if it's the way the light works or the way the eye is composed...but, I find looking deep into one's eyes to see the world from their point of view is one of the joys of life! The above image is just a fragment of an image I took over the weekend, yet it is so powerful!

I have much to post, yet can barely keep my eye's open! I will have new images up tomorrow of an incredibly cute little boy! But, until then I will leave you with some adventures from my very recent Chicago trip...




Thank you so much to Meghan for my roadside assistance! Yes Ally, we ran out of gas about 3 minutes from your house. However, we were very resourceful and resolved the problem in under 15 minutes...Many thanks to Meghan for finding the gas station, filling the container, and carrying it back to the car...many thanks also to the owner of the nutrition store who pointed her in the right direction, and to the nice man who instructed us in the art of removing the cap to the gas container...and, of course, to Saab who I was on hold with the entire time of this wondering why I ran out of gas 2 miles after my light went on!


When the car began to shake, screech, and come to a halt I was very concerned that I would not be able to make it to what I had been waiting patiently many weeks for...


Free to Succeed 2008 w/David Jay & Jasmine Star!


Jasmine Star has been a true inspiration to me, and one of the many reasons why I decided to start my blog. Her absolutely fabulous blog is one of the first blog's that I began to stalk. She is very inspirational to photographer's and enjoys passing along her infinite wisdom. I am so happy that we got the car "fixed" and me on my way so that I was able to see her in person all the way from the Orange County. She is a tremendous wedding photographer, and all around cool person!


Not only did I get to hear both Jasmine and David talk about their adventures in photography, but I also learned about a bunch of new products out there and how to make them work...watch out for slideshows...on the site, on the blog and on facebook!

I decided not to post the pictures I captured while on my drive home last night...3 hours, many thoughts of stopping at a hotel, 1 actual stop at a "no vacancy" hotel, and 1 redbull later I pulled into my driveway at 2:30am. It was a very fun eventful trip to Chicago...I am now a brunette...but, I am definately looking forward to bed tonight!

2 comments:

Ally said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe you ran out of gas! That's my biggest nightmare. You should've called me, but I'm glad Meg saved the day!:)

Julie said...

Only to the two of you! There must be something cosmic in the air with cars this week ... julie B was in a car accident (minor) and the tire I had fixed on Sunday was FLAT on Monday! Some Nice Man helped me fix it and then rode off into the sunset!