Monday, September 22, 2008

Our Kenyan friends...


I am so excited! Greg and I were married a little over a year ago in Kenya, and some of our friends/hosts are in town, and we are having dinner with them tonight! They have been in Indy for almost a week, but we were out of town, etc. So, we are so excited to catch up with them this next week and attend the Indianapolis Prize with them this weekend.

This photo of us was taken by the fabulous Hilary Hurt, a Kenyan native currently living in Paris. Hilary's images and the sculpture work of Murray Grant, also a Kenyan native, will be on display at my aunt's gallery, The Becky Fehsenfeld Fine Art Gallery, in Zionsville this Friday from 4-7pm. It will be open to the public, and I highly urge you to check it out. Part of the street will be tented, plus there will be cocktails and appetizers. The photographs, paintings and bronze sculptures are all based on the idea of The African Experience and they are fantastic! I am told there is to be a life size bronze of a female leopard...I have seen one leopard in the wild, and it just happened to be on a drive with my friend Murray who was just beginning his research for this particular sculpture...come check it out!


I have lots of blogging to catch up on! But, first I am off to catch up with our visitors! Happy Monday!

No comments: