Monday, April 13, 2009

Update...

Hello there!  Sorry for my absence on the blog last week.  As you know, I was off in Atlanta participating in a children's photography workshop called Learnfest.  It was an action packed amazing 3 days with 4 of the country's top children's photographers...Audrey Woulard in Chicago, Tamara Lackey in Durham, NC, Laura Novak in Wilmington, DE and Lena Hyde in Palm Beach.  Each of these ladies comes from a different school of thought, yet incorporate a lot of the same ideals into their businesses.  My notebook is packed with ideas that I can't wait to implement into SMP! In addition to learning from these fabulous ladies, I had a chance to get to know other photographers all over the country.  I made friends for life and am looking forward to following their businesses as well!  


So, it was home from ATL and off to Florida for a quick Easter getaway.  My husband and his brother are best friends.  And, it just so happens his brother is dating my best friend from college.  So, we couldn't be any happier.  Greg and his brother are big fisherman and have found a captain on Isla Morada, Florida who they visit at least 4 times a year together and have caught anything from small yellowtail up to a giant shark!  So, this time they decided to invite us along for the trip!  It was a quick one, but we had a great time as usual.  And, being quite the fisherwoman I am...I reeled in a pretty good sized wahoo.  Plus, stone crab for Easter brunch...can't beat that!  

So, back to business this week!  I have had an amazing few months in the off season, and am now looking forward to the leaves coming out, the flowers blooming and hopefully the sun shining!  This week kicks off with a Mini Boden photo shoot, 2 senior shoots later this week and I will be at Park Tudor's Prom this Saturday doing a modern spin on their prom photos as well as doing a photo booth type shoot!  I can't wait to share it all with you!!!  

And, because what's a post without a photo...here's one from my time at Learnfest:


No comments: