Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My China Travel Group Reunion...

Last year I had the honor of traveling with a very good friends's husband to China to bring home their new baby girl, Zanna.  I say very good friend, but really I should say family...she is the closest thing I know to family without actually being related.  It was one of the most incredible times in my life, and I am so thankful to them for giving me this experience.  We spent 15 days in China with a traveling group of 10 families adopting, and I can still remember it like it was yesterday...the breakfasts of rice cereal and watermelon, the friendly people, the Moon over The Great Wall, the sounds of the bus rides with all the girls, and my favorite moment...bringing Zanna down the escalator at the Indianapolis airport to meet her Mommy! This last weekend we had a one year reunion, and all but one family were able to join us.  It was so awesome to see all the girls running around and playing together, and will continue to be as the reunions happen over the years!  This first image is from our final day in China...
And, one year later...




Zanna with Mommy and Daddy...
And, Zanna and I last year...

No comments: