Thursday, February 19, 2009

A moment in Vegas...

This WPPI was my first photo convention.  12,000+ photographers and me walking somewhere among them.  I had no idea what to expect!  I had an old friend that would be there for part of the time, and a friend of a friend that I was too meet up with as well.  And, I had high hopes of making some new friends.  So, when Jessica Claire {one of my photo idols} posted on her Shootsac blog that she was looking for volunteers to work in her booth at the tradeshow, I jumped on it!!  I kicked off the tradeshow hanging in the Shootsac booth and passing out awesome Shootsac tote bags to rowdy attendees...we ran out about 3 hours into the show and I quickly became the most disliked person in the room.  However, it was an incredible experience and I got to spend time chatting with Jessica and watching other photogs whose blogs I frequent pass by.  It was like a celebrity photog sighting all weekend long, and I loved it! 


I got home late last night, and am quickly getting back to reality.  I have so many thoughts running around in my brain right now, and have decided I need a few days to process it all.  The speakers had such great messages, the vendors incredible products, and the friends I made all inspiring.  So, for now I will share my Shootsac pics and work my way through the rest...
Jessica Claire and I
Joe jumped in for this one...
The new Hip Slip...perfect for my MacBook and my Shootsac covers work with it!  
Some more of the Hip Slip

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was nice working the shootsac booth with you. I totally agree with you about becoming the most disliked person in the room - make that two of us!

I love your work. Kids are so fun to shoot.

Hope you had a safe trip back home!

Anonymous said...

I would have been SO broke if I came with you! The blog is looking GOOD.