Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A blast from the past + a bit of inspiration

After a 3 week hiatus and a location move, Bella Chic reopened today in it's totally fun warehouse space.  Julie has been hard at work to turn the space around, and it looks as if it were meant for Bella to be here.  I showed up today to help out, and was blown away.  Not only has she morphed the space into this completely cool, urban location in the middle of Carmel, but when cleaning out the old space she had also discovered 8 of my old black and white prints that we had framed for a home show back almost 2 years ago.  So, she surprised me and hung them in the door frame to the left of the counter shown in this first image.  I couldn't stop looking at them today...I have said it before, but there is something so incredible about a black and white fiber print.  These images were just step one in the discovery for my final project in grad school, but many years later, they tend to be some of my favorites!  These are some digital pics of the framed b&w's, so the color is a bit off, but it was fun to unexpectedly get to revisit them today!  Makes me want to get back into that darkroom... 



And, a couple on the wall of the bathroom

No comments: