Saturday, March 21, 2009

Thailand...Island Pics

It has been a bit tricky so far to post too many pictures, because connections are so slow. But, I found an internet cafe that is a bit better. So, I thought I would share a few of the island we are currently on...Koh Phangan. This first one is a shot taken while we were on the ferry over from Ko Samui. We took an hour and a half flight from Chiang Mai to Samui, then a 30 min. ferry ride over. Koh Phangan is the island in the distance...

My husband wearing what was going to be the funny souvenior for my family's Christmas exchange this year...that is our topic this year. Last year they had to be homemade. However, it has now become a part of Greg's wardrobe...so, sorry Katie! We'll be sure to find something just as fabulous! We did get my brother Trey's gift here, and it is perfect!!


Our first night on the island, we made friends with an Australian girl named Jade. She was hesitant to rent a motorbike, which just so happens to be the main mode of transportation here. So, we met up with her yesterday, and Greg gave her some instructions, and she was off! The three of us toured the island on our bikes, and one of our stops was at a Chinese temple on the top of a hill...


I was so impressed with Jade's riding ability, that I decided to give it a go myself this morning. Greg is diving today, and usually I just ride along on the back of his bike. So, I was ready to stretch my independence a bit here as well. We did a practice session last night, and it went well. I don't want to boast too much because I still have to get around a bit today, and don't want to jynx myself. But, seriously, I think I'm ready for that Vespa back home!

My pink beauty...

I drove myself to yoga today, and this is the studio we were in. Totally open on all sides and it overlooks the jungle. I could have stayed there all day. They have pilates once a day as well, so I'll have to try that out and see how it differs from my practice in the states. They offer long retreats here as well, where you stay for weeks at a time. I'm completely intrigued by it, as well as a meditation retreat in India...but, that's for another trip.
And, dinner last night. We traveled to another beach and walked along looking at all the different bbq's being offered. This was the one we settled on. And, yes we ate the shark. It was actually quite good. Greg wants to go back again tonight.
And, not a proper image, but I like it still. This is Greg swinging on our porch hammock reading his book.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had such a great time!

I'm a little scared of that shark though. YiKES!