Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Koh Phangan...underwater!

So, I am not a scuba diver.  I have found I am most happy with my mask and snorkel circling above while those willing test the depths below.  And, the snorkeling off of Koh Phangan was some of the best I have ever seen...an incredible amount of fish, soft coral gardens, and the most vibrant colors you have ever seen.  But, as I swam around above I could see the darker depths below, and wondered what could they possibly be seeing down there?  

Greg's divemaster, Elliott, was kind enough to share his fabulous underwater images with me. You've seen his shots of the whale shark as well as the video. And, here are a few more of the mysterious depths below.  This first one is my absolute favorite!  

Also, while we were on Koh Phangan, Greg dove and I snorkeled with Chaloklum Diving.  You can see many more pictures on their site too!  

I have to admit, I am starting to question my snorkel, and thinking about learning to dive!  








No comments: