Sunday, March 22, 2009

Thailand...Whale Shark

When we started planning this vacation, one of the first things Greg looked into was the diving on the island.  He would stalk the site of the diving company we were planning to use to see what they had seen that day.  And, low and behold, they had just started spotting Whale Sharks in the area.  So, his hopes were totally up for seeing one!  And, I was nervous.  Yesterday was his first day of diving, and they spotted the whale shark twice!  He could not be more happy. From what I understand, they are amazing creatures, and enormous in size!  His dive master/our new best friend, Elliott, gave us a couple of snaps from their dive.  This whale shark was about 4 meters long.  I also have a video I just can't get it to post so I will work on that. Here is Greg and his whale shark...


No comments: